Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A December To Remember - A. Tippin


I’ll search and find that special tree
One that looks just right
Then I’ll decorate it perfectly
Even if it takes all night
Then I’ll light the fire
Turn the lights down low
And hang up the mistletoe
And make some lasting memories
We’ll never forget

A December to remember
Always in our hearts
Spending everyday of the holidays
Wrapped up in each others arms
All I want for Christmas
Is forever to be like this
A December to remember forever more


Don’t spend a single cent

On a Christmas gift for me
Cause the thing that I want most of all
Can’t be found beneath the tree
It’s the loving look that’s in your eyes
That money could never buy
And I what I give you in return
Will last throughout the years

A December to remember
Always in our hearts
Spending everyday of the holidays
Wrapped up in each others arms
All I want for Christmas
Is forever to be like this
A December to remember forever more


And all I want for Christmas

Is forever to be like this
A December to remember forever more.


 I wanted to share with you this wonderful song by one of my favourite country artists, the great Aaron Tippin. It's not one of the traditional Christmas songs, but it conveys the same warm feeling. It's a duet, therefore it's extremely sweet listening to it with your significant other, wrapped up in each others arms. 
I think this song will be the soundtrack of many of my Christmases, starting from this one.
Its musical notes will certainly follow my most important Decembers: the first I'll spend with my boyfriend (this one!) celebrating with all my relatives, the first in what will be our wonderful house, our first Christmas as a family, as parents for many years after...
Too dreamy, as usual. But aren't songs suppose to be the shelter of all dreamers?
Every note is a like a photograph of the future: kisses under the mistletoe, presents, hot chocolates before the crackling fireplace, warm blankets, a bed just undone by jumping children excited about Santa's visit, snow, gingerbread cookies, great meals with a lot of people coming over, Christmas movies on TV, decorated Christmas trees, lights all over the town (whichever it will be)...

Happy Christmassy dreams along this song!

0 comments:

Post a Comment