Friday, January 14, 2011

When will my life begin? - Tangled


This Monday, after an exam at the University, Max and I had our post-exam typical meal at Burger King (we love its chips!!!) and then we spent a wonderful afternoon in the center of Milan. The weather was not fantastic, but at 2.30 p.m. we entered the cinema next to the Duomo and bought two tickets to see Tangled. I've been longing to see it for nearly two months and I had almost given up. But Milan has everything, like every other big and busy city, "old" movies included. There were only ten of us in the cinema! There we sat, relieved and relaxed after all the study of the previous days. And the movie was amazing! I mean, I know it's not one of Disney's best, but it's really worth watching! The characters are really well-built: I loved Maximus, the horse, the pub Thugs, Pascal, the little chameleon! 
   But most of all I liked her! She is a prisoner in her own house, always watching through the window the rest of the world, but never being in it. She keeps wondering when her life will begin, she dreams to be able to see nearer the lights she sees once a year up in the sky.
"What is it like Out there where they glow?". She has everything, except a door. Or at least this is what she thinks. But as soon as her feet touch the ground, she understand the infinite beauty of everything out there. She leaves her safe tower to discover the colored world, with her hair flying, her heart pounding. And then, under a wonderful sky full of lanterns, she discovers love. She sees the light, the true place she belongs to, "warm and real and bright".


I want to have her bravery, I want to leave my tower, as safe as it could be, I want to be completely free and to discover where I'm meant to be.


Look at the world - so close, and I'm halfway to it!
Look at it all - so big - do I even dare?
Look at me - there at last! - I just have to do it 


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment